[texhax] Problems with quote

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Tue Mar 22 16:26:19 CET 2011

Dario <darioslc at gmail.com>, 22.03.2011 15:14:45:
> Hi, i have a problem because sometimes to write the code for quotes
> with two accents to beginning and quotes single to the end, to compile
> appears differents characters. There is a more specific command.

Please be more specific, show example code.

The problem may be unicode-related, where you must be sure to choose
the proper symbol, which differs from the apostrophe:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark#Typing_quotation_marks_on_a_computer_keyboard

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe#Computing

What about your own

    \newcommand*{\quoted}[1]{\lq\lq#1\rq}

?

You could also try

    http://ctan.org/pkg/dirtytalk

and/or

    http://ctan.org/pkg/csquotes

and report me about them, because I am curious about them but can't afford trying them myself ...

Hope this helps,

    Uwe.