[texhax] consultant needed in Boulder, Colorado area

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Mar 22 00:34:05 CET 2011

Since we don't have any related geographical lists, I'm reposting this
here at Lilli's request.  If you're within reasonable driving distance
of Boulder (no budget to fly people in, more's the pity) and are
interested in teaching a LaTeX workshop, please contact Lilli.  (Contact
info at bottom.)

Karl

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:31:16 -0600
From: Lilli Segre

I am the senior technical editor for the Institute for Telecommunication
Sciences <http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/> (ITS), the research arm of the
National Telecommunications and Information
Administration<http://www.ntia.doc.gov/> (NTIA), located on the
Department of Commerce Labs campus in Boulder, CO (USA).

We are a small, highly specialized research group and we publish an
average of 10-12 highly technical reports and memoranda each year, along
with journal articles, technical contributions to standards bodies,
etc. Those whose papers include the most complex math (for example,
http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/pub/ntia-rpt/10-470/10-470.pdf) have a
decided preference for TeX as a writing tool.

I would like to find a local resource who could provide tutoring in TeX
for those who need to be brought up to speed rapidly because they have
been assigned to work with an author who prefers TeX, and also perhaps
provide some group sessions to share best practices for specific issues
that come up from time to time.

This is not really a "job," in that it would be a very occasional need,
but I do have training budget to pay an hourly or per workshop rate, and
I do have need now. It would be preferable if the individual were a US
citizen so that training can be delivered on our campus, which is a
secure campus.

Interested parties should contact me directly.

Thanks!
Lilli

Lilli Segre
Publications Officer
Institute for Telecommunication Sciences
www.its.bldrdoc.gov
325 Broadway, Boulder, CO  80305
303-497-3572 (phone)
303-497-5993 (fax)