[texhax] about creating dvi file...

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Sun Mar 13 11:08:03 CET 2011

"Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)" <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote 13.03.2011 09:30:48:
> You will need to tell us a great deal more than
> that before we can offer any useful support.
> You might like to start by by sending the TeX
> source and the log file.  My conjecture is that
> you are using WinEdt and that an image include
> failed, but in the absence of any supporting
> evidence, that is pure conjecture.
>
> Nasibeh Teimouri wrote:
>> i got the following error:
>> TeX failed to create a dvi file. For possible explanations start the
>> command from the Command Prompt

Please do start the command from the Command Prompt
and post results! I guess that this command is "tex",
drawing on a similar problem in 2004:

    http://www.tug.org/pipermail/texhax/2004-February/001783.html
    http://www.tug.org/pipermail/texhax/2004-February/001784.html

Please just follow these earlier recommendations, replacing "latex" by "tex".

However, can we be sure that the message did not start with "LaTeX"?

Cheers,

    Uwe.