[texhax] smith chart?

Christian Mandel c.mandel at gmx.net
Sun Mar 6 20:39:45 CET 2011

Am 05.03.2011 22:28, schrieb Arno Trautmann:
> Hi all,
>
> I am searching for a way to draw a nice Smith chart in my document.
> Searching the net gave me this nice document:
>
> http://www.siart.de/lehre/smithdgr.pdf
>
> That is much too complicated and I would already be happy with a much
> simplier graph, but it seems to be hand-made. So: Is there any
> package that provides something to draw a Smith chart and
> additionally insert specific lines for capacitance, inductance or
> resistance for given radii and center points? If there is none, does
> anyone have suggestions how this could be easily produced? I am
> thankfull for any comments!

PGFPlots supports Smith-Charts in recent versions, it's not perfect yet,
but is very configurable (grid density etc.) and integrates very well in
a (La)TeX workflow. Additionaly, the developers are extremely quick in
fixing bugs and adding features :-D

Have a look at

  http://pgfplots.sourceforge.net/pgfplots_unstable.pdf

page 289 ff.