[texhax] Parchment layout

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Jun 22 15:07:37 CEST 2011

James Quirk wrote:

>> Your latter point is also of interest, because I am about
>> to have a visitor who is very keen to release individual
>> chapters of a heavyweight textbook in one or more e-formats,
>> and he too is unconvinced that PDF will necessarily be one
>> of those.

> My reservations are not with PDF as a document format,
> they lie with Adobe embracing the mobile market to the
> detriment of their more traditional products.

That is also my visitor's perspective : he sees e-books, Kindles,
I-pads and the like as the major growth area, and does not
envisage significant sales to anyone wishing to read a
beautifully laid out book in PDF format on a good-size screen.

** Phil.