[texhax] Simulating dotted leading

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Mon Jun 6 10:07:51 CEST 2011

"Uwe Lueck" <uwe.lueck at web.de> writes:

> I really wonder how the fill could "press" its surroudings apart

That works fine as long as the "alignment" glue is of
order fil, so regular "r" or "l" column types are fine.

> I think Donald Arseneau has made a similar package.

You might be thinking of "dotseqn" with leaders going to the
equation number.

> If it is so difficult with LaTeX, can Phil Taylor solve it without LaTeX?

Nothing looks difficult here, and Phil's answer did provide for
the three-dot groupings.  Of course I would recommend defining
a macro with the leaders command.  And also centering the dots
in the box. And ending with \kern\z@ so that the leaders don't
disappear at "&".

\newcommand\elipfill{\leavevmode
  \leaders \hbox{\,...\,}\hfill