[texhax] Issues with colour box in amsbook project [Was Fwd: FW:]

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sun Jul 24 22:33:28 CEST 2011

It is better if you reply back to the list.

As I said in my post, I am not familiar with the ams classes and there
may be important settings that I do not know about. Others will be
better positioned to offer help than me.

I have also attached the original file for others who may wish to have
a look.

For myself I cannot reproduce what you reported. The image is able to
be read without problem and the box does not sit in front of the eps,
obscuring it. I have however changed the figure code to:

\begin{figure}[hbt]
		\figboxeight{\centering
			\includegraphics[scale=1.15,width=\linewidth]
{fig_12c_two_solutions.eps}
			\caption{A double solution on a directed number line}
			\label{fig:doublesolution}}
\end{figure}

so that the image sits correctly inside the box and does not extend
beyond it. I have also removed the minipage environment you had there.
I could see no reason for it.

Good luck
Alan

Begin forwarded message: