[texhax] colorbox (was: no subject)

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Sat Jul 23 19:03:36 CEST 2011

"Dr A K Hannaby" <keith.hannaby at mathshelp.com> wrote 23.07.2011 11:52:44:

> Tug
> I don’t appear to be making contact on my problem.
> Yet, I am receiving daily emails on other matters.
> Can you give me a precise email address to contact, please?
> Keith

There may be a little misconception:
First, *I* am not answering on behalf of the TUG.
Actually, I think texhax at tug.org (strangely, not even support at tug.org)
is an email address of the TUG. And even if you address the TUG
correctly, I am not sure that they will "support" you by solving
TeX problems. I don't know, I do not have any special relation to the TUG.

Rather, you may get help from volunteers on this list, if you are lucky,
or smart enough to attract the attention of volunteers reading the list.

They typically have a job and cannot spend much time on your problems,
rather they take just a few minutes.

So you will hardly find somebody who debugs your book.
Rather, somebody may look at a "minimal example",

    http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=minxampl

Moreover, some readers don't read HTML mails;
and "no subject" may be unattractive as it perhaps
suggests that the poster has started using a computer just
this week, and the TeXpert readers of this  list may expect
little fun helping a computer newbie
(while by contrast, *I* have some special fun with
 posting nonsense here).

Best wishes,

    Uwe.