[texhax] package for papers

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Mon Jul 18 22:44:35 CEST 2011

hi, paul,

    Sorry to be a pain folks, only I can't find any info on either art.cls or

do you mean article.cls?

    amsart.cls. I've searched on ctan but to no avail.
    Any pointers would be gratefully received.

amsart.cls is described in the manual
instr-l.tex/instr-l.pdf -- instructions
for preparation of papers and monographs:
ams-latex.  this can be found on ctan in
  macros/latex/required/amslatex/amscls/doc/
and it should also be on tex live, though
i'm not offhand sure exactly where.

if, on a complete tex live system, you
ask for
  texdoc amsart
you will get a pdf file that is prodsuced
from the amsclass.dtx file, that is, the
source code for amsart, amsbook and amsproc
plus technical documentation.

i think the user's manual is closer to what
you want.

i can't think offhand of a good on-line
source for article.cls; if i were looking
for a paper source, i'd look first at
kopka & daly, "guide to latex".
						-- bb