[texhax] package for papers

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Jul 18 22:42:00 CEST 2011

Paul Stanley wrote:
> Sorry to be a pain folks, only I can't find any info on either art.cls
> or amsart.cls. I've searched on ctan but to no avail.
> Any pointers would be gratefully received.
> Thanks
> Paul

TeXdoc AMSart will bring up a PDF, Paul, describing
three packages : amsart, amsproc, and amsbook.  The
text starts as follows :

The amsart, amsproc, and amsbook
document classes
American Mathematical Society
Michael Downes
updated by Barbara Beeton
Version 2.20.1, 2009/07/02
1 Introduction
This fi
le (amsclass.dtx) is the master fi
le for three LATEX document classes,
amsart, amsproc, and amsbook, which are intended for articles and books con-
taining mathematical research. They produce output that follows the style con-
ventions of American Mathematical Society publications. The theorem setup
features of these document classes are also available in a separate package,
AMSTHM.

** Phil.