[texhax] read argument until EOL

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Jan 6 16:57:04 CET 2011

Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

 >> I am going to take my life in my hands and type in an extempore
 >> solution without testing : /caveat emptor/ !
 >>
 >> \def \eolsection
 >> 	{
 >> 		\begingroup
 >> 		\catcode `\^^M = \active
 >> 		\uccode `\~ = `\^^M
 >> 		\uppercase {\def \innereolsection ##1~}{\endgroup \message {##1}}\relax
 >>          	\innereolsection
 >> 	}
 >>
 >> Where I have "\message {##1}", you should insert whatever
 >> you want to do with My Title and analogous parameters.
 >>
 >> THIS CODE IS UNTESTED : USE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
 >
 > "1" might have the wrong uccode different than 0 or `1.
 > (But I would consider it as quite small risk.

I had to re-read that several times before I saw your point.
But now I have seen it, I am ROTFL :-)  (In less polite
groups, I have even seen PMSL, but I would not sink to
such vulgarity in these refined circles).  But you are,
of course, quite correct : "1" /might/ have the wrong
\uccode.  But it is a little unlikely !

** Phil.