[texhax] MS Word & Mathtype to TeX

cornwall_5 at comcast.net cornwall_5 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 16 04:06:33 CET 2011

>The WYSIWYG is a myth. It does not exist. What people usually call
>WYSIWYG is, in fact, CYSACYG (Crap You See And Crap You Get)

Except that WYSIWYG has worked beautifully for me for nearly 3 decades.

Only an unnecessary request by a specific journal request into a different format,

creating an artificial problem, stands in my way.

Not your fault. Not mine. Everyone just happens to have chosen their own favorite

software, language, etc, simply because they exist! No one's is better than another.

Everyone just picks a favorite.

(Makes one long for the Soviet era where there was only ONE product on the shelf,

so decisions didn't have to be made!  :) )

I remember back in the 1980s all the talk about the future of computers and software

was going to be their universality and one language or software "fits all".

That dream never materialized.