[texhax] Footnotes per column in multicols environment

Aleksandar Zec zealeksanman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:30:37 CEST 2011

Hi all,

A simple question: I have multicolumn text. I need to put footnote
text at the bottom of column where footnote mark itself appears. If
footnote mark appears in the left column, then footnote text should
begin at the bottom of that column; the same if it happens in the
right one.

Is this doable in multicols environment with standard LaTeX classes?

(I know that there's fntright, but it places all footnotes in the right column.)

Thank you,
Alex