[texhax] Colored rectangle on page?

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Thu Apr 7 22:07:45 CEST 2011

2011/4/7 Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de>

> Am 07.04.2011 21:41, schrieb Peter Davis:
>

>  I know PSTricks and other some other packages can do this, but since I'm
>> using XeLaTeX, PSTricks poses some challenges.
>>

> PSTricks can work with xelatex without any change ...

Thanks, Herbert, but can you explain how that works?  Does Ghostscript get
called behind the scenes to convert PostScript to PDF?  If so, I'd like to
avoid that.  I would think just drawing a colored or white rectangle would
not require PSTricks, but I haven't found another way.

If PSTricks works with XeLaTeX *without* requiring Ghostscript, I'd really
like to know about that.

Thank you.

-pd

--