[texhax] Executing a script with \href{run:script.sh}

Steve Schwartz s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Oct 19 16:04:36 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 14:33 +0100, James Quirk wrote:
> > Have you noticed
> >
> >     http://ctan.org/pkg/rmannot
> >
> >     http://ctan.org/pkg/yt4pdf
> >
> > ? Do they help? (I don't want to try myself.)
> I should point out that Linux Adobe Reader (AR) has severe problems
> with the the playing of YouTube videos.

I had a quick look at the rmannot web-page, since I have been interested
in this aspect of latex/pdf presentation for some time. Unfortunately,
as far as I can tell, the real stumbling block to those of us in the
linux community is that the pdf creation needs to be done with Acrobat
Distiller, so there is no way for me to create such a pdf other than
find a Windows machine, pay for Distiller, gather together all my source
files, media, files, etc, and do my work in Windows.

Steve

Professor Steven J Schwartz        Phone: +44-(0)20-7594-7660
Head, Space & Atmospheric Physics  Fax:   +44-(0)20-7594-7772
The Blackett Laboratory            E-mail: s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Imperial College London            Office: Huxley 6M67A
London SW7 2AZ, U.K.               Web: www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/~sjs