[texhax] document broken under windows

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 8 19:32:47 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I have a document that
• compiles fine
• looks fine
• opens fine in a pdf-viewer.

At least running Linux. On a windows machine, the pdf seems to be
horribly broken. In one viewer, the letters E and u are just missing
everywhere. Another viewer (one was evince, one AcrobatReader) didn’t
show the correct formatting in some parts. Both viewers did not show
about 4 or 5 pages but just tiny squares instead of them.

I don’t have a windows copy here so I cannot test anything. Would it be
possible for anyone to have a look at the following document:

http://github.com/alt/tex-overview/raw/b446b0825d7a7f159b92d179ab8a8f9057564bc4/tex-overview.pdf

or under

http://github.com/alt/tex-overview/blob/master/tex-overview.pdf ⇒ view raw

As this document should go on CTAN the next days it would be great if
windows users also could view it …
Mac users are also welcome to test the document ;)

I would be happy about any report or suggestion how to improve the
situation …

cheers
Arno