[texhax] Import JPG pictures into LaTeX

dezso fb117 at ncf.ca
Wed Oct 6 16:55:02 CEST 2010

Dear Sir,

I was using LaTeX in the years of 1988-2003.
Now I want to use it again. Installed MiKTeX and I am progressing well.
One of my problems now is to include graphics with colors.
I have no problem to use EPS, or convert from other format into EPS.
However I would like to know if it is possible to use JPG files DIRECTLY
without converting them into EPS format.

I took to import a color JPG file, but it shows up as a gray picture.
Conclusion? It seems possible, but I may miss some usepackage!

I would like to have some help [to phone somebody?]

Yours truly,

Dezso Nagy

Ottawa