[texhax] [linux] De vueltas con los guiones y latex

santilistas listas at gestiong.org
Sat Nov 27 12:15:42 CET 2010

Hi all, I am new to this list and almost to Latex, but although I am
getting my way into it, I can not fix this hyphenation problem for the
spanish language for the document I have attached.

Te problem is that if I set a different set of hyphenation min and max
values, the paragraphs are not justified properly.

I have tried a lot of values, but the only ones that work properly are

\lefthyphenmin=2
\righthyphenmin=2

that is to say, the ones set by default for the english language.

I have also tried changing the font to the latex default one, but it
still doesn't work.

What can I do?

The system I am using has:

Linux santilinx 2.6.35-23-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Wed Nov 17 22:15:35
UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

pdfTeX 3.1415926-1.40.10-2.2 (TeX Live 2009/Debian)
kpathsea version 5.0.0
Copyright 2009 Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the pdfTeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the pdfTeX source.
Primary author of pdfTeX: Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh
(pdfTeX).
Compiled with libpng 1.2.44; using libpng 1.2.44
Compiled with zlib 1.2.3.4; using zlib 1.2.3.4
Compiled with poppler version 0.14.2

Thanks in advance!
--santilín