[texhax] [pdftex] image XObjects in pdfTeX or XeTeX PDF output?

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Mon Nov 22 17:47:47 CET 2010

Selon Peter Davis <pfd at pfdstudio.com>:

> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Paul Isambert <zappathustra at free.fr>wrote:
>

> > > - LuaTeX seems very promising in features, but is still a work in
> > progress.
> >
> > Just for the record: it's a very usable work in progress. I use it
> > everyday, and
> > I've never encountered any major problem.
> >

> Thanks, Paul.  Would you says it's stable enough to redistribute to a bunch
> of non-TeX-savvy users, for whom thoughput is the primary concern?  If you
> had to support them?

I guess so. If you have to support anything related to TeX, you need to know TeX
itself (no simple task, but doable despite what can be heard here and there);
LuaTeX won't make much of a difference, if you don't use LuaTeX features
(meaning you don't need extra knowledge).

I didn't mean that LuaTeX would be better suited than XeTeX for your needs,
though; I have no answer to that. I just wanted to claim, in front of the entire
TeX community: yes, you can use LuaTeX right now! But I know I sometimes verge
on fanatism when it comes to that :)

Best,
Paul