[texhax] cyrillic in latex

Oleg Parashchenko olpa at xmlhack.ru
Thu May 27 01:52:34 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Wed, 26 May 2010 15:11:15 -0400
Zbigniew Nitecki <zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu> wrote:

> I am not new to latex as such, but I am new to the world of installing
> fonts and so on. I want to insert a line or two of cyrillic (the
> Russian title of a translation of a book of mine) in a vita being
> prepared in curve.  Looking at the various articles on cyrillic in
> latex, I came to the conclusion that what I needed to do was to insert
> in my main file the lines
>
> > \usepackage[koi8-r]{inputenc}
> > \usepackage[russian, english]{babel}

I don't know if my approach works with babel, but it works without any
additional setup in my TeX Live installation:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T2A,T1]{fontenc}
\begin{document}
Piece {\fontencoding{T2A}\selectfont труд} May.
\end{document}

--
Oleg Parashchenko  olpa@ http://uucode.com/
http://uucode.com/blog/  XML, TeX, Python, Mac, Chess