[texhax] Strange alignment in memoir+gather

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Thu Mar 25 14:01:11 CET 2010

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010, Lars Madsen wrote:

    Victor Ivrii wrote:
    > On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:
    > > This seems to be almost minimal example as effect is extremely
    > > unstable and disappears as some parts of formula are removed. I have
    > > observed this effect before in some occasions but cannot figure out
    > > any patterns
    >
    > The same effect with amsmath,

    of course, mathtools loads amsmath, and gahter is not touched by mathtools

    it seems to be memoir interacting with something in amsmath

    Do not know what, yet.

i've confirmed that the first example
has the same effect with amsart, so it's
undoubtedly a problem in amsmath itself.
it's been put on our bugs list, but will
likely not be debugged (by us) real soon.
if anyone comes up with solid hints,
please send them to the attention of
  tech-support at ams.org
thanks.