[texhax] a4wide not found

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Mar 11 11:06:01 CET 2010

Am Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:53:04 +0100 schrieb frederik vanhaelst:

> Hi,
> I wanted to install the beamer class. This is done but i had to remove
> miktex 2.7 and install miktex 2.8 and also a new version of Latex.

Why? beamer works fine with miktex 2.7. And it can be installed like
in miktex 2.8. with the package manager.

> When i now running my latex file i got 3 errors 0 warnings 0 bad boxes and 0
> pages (I use latex tot PDF). So, Texnicenter shows the pdf file but when i
> add something like a sentence or figure, this won't be shown in the
> pdf-file.
> The errors are:
> File a4wide.sty not found. Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed, or enter
> new name. (Default extension: sty) Enter file name
> !Emergency stom. <read *> \usepackage{caption}
> !=> Fatal error occured, no output PDF file produced! Transcript written on
> thesis_afgewerkt.log
>
> When I remove \usepackage{a4wide}, the next package has trouble:
> \usepackage{aesing} will result in the error:
> aesint.sty not found. Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed, or enter new
> name. (Default extension: sty) Enter file name
>
> When i worked at my latex file with miktex 2.7, there was no problem.
> Is there someone who can help me?

With Texniccenter the on-the-fly installation doesn't work properly.
You can install a4wide with the package manager.
aesing is not on CTAN and as far as I can see there is no miktex
package, so you will probably have to find it first and then install
it manually.

--
Ulrike Fischer