[texhax] Problem installing TeXLive2009 to Fedora13.

Randolph J. Schilling RChilling at comcast.net
Sat Jul 3 19:54:45 CEST 2010

I'm trying to install TexLive 2009 for the first time to a Linux
operating system; namely to Fedora 13.
I downloaded and unzipped the file install-tl-unx.tar.zip.
This created a directory containing the file install-tl,
among other files.

I moved to that directory and ran the command
$install-tl -gui wizard
The result was a long error message.

I ran the command
$yum install perl-Tk
which seemed to go ok, ending with Complete!

I ran the command
$install-tl -gui wizard
again; the result was the following much shorter error message:
"./install-tl: Initialization failed (in setup_unix_one):
could not find a usable program for wget.
./install-tl: Goodbye."

Would you please explain what I'm doing wrong (or not doing)?

As always, I'm grateful for your help. Thanks and Regards - Randy

Randolph J. Schilling
8217 Brimer Road
Mabelvale, AR 72103
(501)442-1699