[texhax] texmakerx, and mactex

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Sat Jan 30 21:27:36 CET 2010

The TeX distribution I have installed is MacTeX, which has Tex Live at
the bottom.  What happens is that when TeXMakerx is installed, the
correct links to Latex, PdfLatex etc. are not found.  Being a Mac newbie
I bought the machine about a month ago and are struggling to some
extent.  I have trouble finding the correct settings.

I do not quite like TexShop, but at least it works out of the box on my
machine.  On the other hand, I want something with tabs in the editor
for handling projects with several files.  I do not think TeXShop can
handle that as far as I have seen up to now.  As to Lyx, I tried that
one some years ago, I prefer a pure LaTeX setup.

I'll have at the link you suggested.  Thanks!

Tom