[texhax] grffile and xeTex question

Jianping Hua talich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 00:19:54 CET 2010

I've using the grffile package with xeTex for sometime with no
problem. I recently upgrade my MacTex to Tex Live 2009 version. Then
grffile no longer works with xeTex.

Here is a simple example tex file:

\documentclass[letterpaper]{article}
\usepackage[]{graphicx}
\usepackage{grffile}

\begin{document}

\begin{figure}[ht]
    \begin{center}
        \includegraphics[scale=0.5]{fig2.png}
    \end{center}
\end{figure}

\end{document}

While compiling, I got the following error/warning:

! Undefined control sequence.
\grffile at IfFileExists ...andafter \\\pdf at filesize
                                                  {#1}\\\let \reserved at a \@s...
l.9         \includegraphics[scale=0.5]{fig2.png}

For this case, the compilation went through. However if I have an
image file that really need grffile functionality, error instead of
warning appears.

Since both xeTex and grffile were updated, I'm not sure whether it's
because the new xeTex or new grffile package I had this problem. When
I switched back to 2008 version, everything was just fine.

I search the web and see no one asked this question. So I'm not sure
whether this is a real problem.

Jianping