[texhax] TEX collection DVD

Julian Ullmann julian at ullmann.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 20 17:52:58 CET 2010

    I have been happy with TEX Live on a CD that I bought in 1999, but must now switch to pdfLatex.  I therefore bought the 2008 TEX Collection DVD (invoice #20091188) but my Dell system can't read it, even though I have an appropriate DVD decoder.  I am working under Windows XP and now intend to download protext.exe from CTAN.

    Please advise me whether to uninstall all existing TEX Live software before installing protext.

    I would also be very grateful if you would reassure me that protext includes packages: latexsym, amsmath, a4, graphicx, etc.

    Thanks and regards,

    Julian Ullmann