[texhax] Stretch Brackets Around $\halign$

Becker, Abraham (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] beckera at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Fri Feb 19 16:56:51 CET 2010

Donald,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I'm doing this in LaTeX; \[ and \] denote a change to the displaymath environment.

I was using the $ to switch back to text mode because the \halign got mangled without it.
I realize now that I was missing a closing angle bracket somewhere :):

As I understand it, the solution works because \vcenter atomizes its contents as part of the current math list.

This solution works quite well, thank you.

Abraham Becker
Contractor
PubMed Central