[texhax] texlive 2010 and beamer

Rob van Gerwen Rob.vanGerwen at phil.uu.nl
Thu Dec 16 10:09:39 CET 2010

Dear reader,

Because of computer failure (a Macintosh broke down) I had to reinstall texlive, which went like a charm.
Unfortunately, there is a conflict between texlive-2010 and the beamer class, and I really need beamer for my classes at university.

The best temporary solution I have come up with is to downgrade to texlive 2009 or 2008, but I cannot find the mpkg.zip for either of these LaTeX-distributions.
I looked here:
http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire.html
but had no clue what to do with the files on offer.

Could you possibly point me to a site where I could download said older mpkg.zip files for texlive 2009 or 2008?

I apologize for disturbing you with this, but I am getting rather desparate.

Yours,

Rob van Gerwen
Rob van Gerwen (Ph.D.) Dept. of Philosophy
Utrecht University, P.O.Box 80.126
3508 TC Utrecht, The Netherlands
T: + 31 30 2532087 F: + 31 30 2532816

Home: http://www.phil.uu.nl/~rob/