[texhax] TeX to Word

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sun Dec 12 20:06:27 CET 2010

On 13/12/2010, at 4:19 AM, Uwe Lueck wrote:

> "Alan T Litchfield" <alan at alphabyte.co.nz>, 12.12.2010 05:47:52:
>> There is this:
>>    http://latex2rtf.sourceforge.net/
>
> And there always is
>
>    http://mirror.ctan.org/help/Catalogue/bytopic.html#wp
>
> to choose from.
>
>> On 12/12/2010, at 6:58 AM, Joan Boorstein wrote:
>>
>>> I apologize for the heresy, but I've been asked
>>> whether there is software that can convert a TeX
>>> document to the equivalent MS Word document?
>
> (How often is this asked here?)

I will choose to blame Twitter this time. I have noticed two strange
phenomena in the past few months. The first is that from time to time
people seem to regard email as sequential rather than as an
asynchronous communication tool which has led to some rather bizarre
conversations where people have elected to read emails from various
points in a thread but as they have received them, and then responded
as though they were sequential. The other seems to be like the sound-
bite nature of Twitter where currency of the conversation rules and as
a result there seems to be an apparent reluctance to search archives
for previous postings, it's as though once an email has passed by it
no longer exists or is no longer relevant.

Needless to say, perhaps, but the link to the archive is in the texhax
footer.

Joan might notice that from the tenor of these responses she is not
being regarded as a heretic. The issue is technological not
ideological :)

Cheers
Alan