[texhax] including graphics

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 16 17:50:48 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:11:04AM -0400, Zbigniew Nitecki wrote:

> I am trying to include a photograph (saved as a .jpg file) in a letter
> written with \documentclass{letter}.
>
> The following code

> \usepackage{graphics}

> 	\includegraphics*[0,0][72,72]{DSCF0036.jpg}

\usepackage{graphicx}

\includegraphics{DSCF0036}% or \includegraphics{DSCF0036.jpg}

Of course, the driver must support JPEG files, this is the
case for pdfTeX in PDF mode. Because pdfTeX in PDF mode
includes the driver backend, the size of the image is known
to pdfTeX.

Users of latex/dvips can use jpeg2ps to convert the JPEG file
to EPS.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek