[texhax] latex question- about tracking changes

Dan vi5u0-texhax at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 18:47:13 CEST 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Chandrasekaran, Lakshmi wrote:

> I have question about la1tex. Is there any way to track changes in
> the text or equations made to a document/manuscript in latex?

A while back, I defined the following set of macros for this.  The
changes can be made invisible and a final version produced by
uncommenting the first three \newcommands and commenting out the last
three

\usepackage{color}

\definecolor{LBRed}{rgb}{0.9,0.1,0.2}
\definecolor{LBBlue}{rgb}{0.4,0.3,1.0}

%\newcommand{\refadd}[1]{#1}
%\newcommand{\refchange}[2]{#2}
%\newcommand{\refdel}[1]{}
\newcommand{\refadd}[1]{{\color{LBBlue}\relax #1}}
\newcommand{\refchange}[2]{{\color{LBRed}\relax #1}{\color{LBBlue}\relax #2}}
\newcommand{\refdel}[1]{{\color{LBRed}\relax #1}}

--

HTH,

Dan