[texhax] dagger (list policy)

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Wed Apr 28 15:07:29 CEST 2010

PR Stanley , 28.04.2010 13:29:07:
> I'm sorry if my original message offended anyone. I have been on this
> list for over a year or so and I thought everyone knew about me being
> blind; I have mentioned my sight impairment on many occasions and in
> fact we've had a few threads on making LaTeX documentation more
> usable to the blind.
We should not demand that anybody posting an answer here has read all previous postings.

> At any rate, if questions such as the one I posted in my previous
> message contravene list protocol then I will try finding a different
> forum for my future queries.
Just a vote from another one, hoping to convince you:
There is no list protocoll like this. Many readers of the list hope that answers are friendly and welcome postings like yours, Paul. (So some would like to sign Philip Taylor's recent posting on "list etiquette".)

"TeX for the blind" is an especially interesting matter. You should remember some friendly answers you received earlier (I am just thinking of Paul Taylor and Barbara Beeton).

Cheers,

    Uwe.