[texhax] controlling pdf reader (was Re: beamer and "Read out loud")

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Sun Apr 18 20:41:37 CEST 2010

Uwe:

>     http://ctan.org/pkg/acroreloadpdf
> or is this a different solution? -- Uwe.

It seems to be a way that, when focused on the reader one can tell it
to reload.  That's no good as I want to generate a new PDF from LaTeX
and automatically have it update.  So maybe there is a way to modify
that script so it checks for upload ever second and uploads if the
date of the pdf file has changed?  Alternatively I would need a way to
kick the reader to wake up and reload.

The reason I'm interested is because I don't use texshop but rather
simply edit my .tex files in vim and then write them out.  A program I
developed (and which was rewritten in perl by Jeff Haemer) called
atchange then runs LaTeX/bibTeX automatically for me.  I don't want to
have to take my fingers off the keyboard as the display is refreshed!
That takes time - thousands of times a day ...

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  National Institutes of Health
  schneidt at mail.nih.gov