[texhax] memoir, hyperref, nameref

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 14:20:56 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:

> Ok, I seem to have found a solution. A functionality similar to afterpackage

First of all, after I tested with hyperref 6.80v (from tug, currently
also on CTAN and probably tomorrow on TL) both problems I reported had
gone. However still there is a behaviour, I consider as illogical
(while it is not a bug)

1) foo.tex

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{amsthm}
\usepackage{hyperref}
%\usepackage{nameref}
\label{A}
\newtheorem{theorem}{theorem}
\begin{document}
\section{One}
\label{sect-1}
\section{Two}
\label{sect-2}
\begin{theorem}[Great Theorem]\label{th-1}
$1+1=2$
\end{theorem}
\ref{th-1}
\nameref{th-1}
\end{document}
\ref correctly returns theorem number
\nameref returns Section Name

2) bar.tex

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{amsthm}
\usepackage{xr-hyper}
\usepackage{hyperref}
%\usepackage{nameref}
\externaldocument[foo-]{foo}[foo.pdf]
\begin{document}
\ref{foo-th-1}
\nameref*{foo-th-1}
\ref{foo-A}
\nameref{foo-A}
\end{document}

\ref, \nameref, ... to foo-th-1 return the same as th-1 in foo.tex

but

\ref{foo-A}, \nameref{foo-A}

return an error (not just ? like \ref{foo-B}). I would expect from
\nameref{foo-A} to return a title of "foo.tex"

Victor