[texhax] making brackets

Martin Heller mr_heller at yahoo.dk
Mon Apr 5 18:19:11 CEST 2010

Marcia Beach wrote:
> I am preparing a linguistics document and I need to make brackets.  I
> don't have the LaTex program but I understand it works well for this
> kind of thing.
>
> Brackets are all that I need to draw.  Can I download the program and,

There are several LaTeX-distributions that are easy to download and
install:
MikTeX: <http://miktex.org/>
TeX Live: <http://www.tug.org/texlive/>

> if so, is it easy to make brackets?

It is easy to scale them, if that is what you are asking?

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
$
   [ \big[ \Big[ \bigg[ \Bigg[ \Bigg] \bigg] \Big] \big] ]
$
\end{document}

What kind of document preparation system can not handle [ and ]?