[texhax] Advanced Ligature Handling in .pl Files

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Mon Sep 14 20:05:04 CEST 2009

don knuth wrote an article on virtual fonts
that was published in tugboat 11:1.  a
scanned pdf of that article can be found at

   http://tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb11-1/tb27knut.pdf

basically it contains an excerpt from vftovp.web
with a brief introduction.  it mentions the
ligature mechanism, but doesn't go into details
of how to use it.  however, it refers to another
article, by yannis haralambous,

   http://tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb10-3/tb25hara-latin.pdf

that contains an example of using the mechanism
to support the accented letters in most modern
european languages.  maybe that might help.
 							-- bb