[texhax] Help with error

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon Sep 14 06:52:40 CEST 2009

On  13 Sep, 2009, at 12:45, Donn Miller-Kermani wrote:

> I am trying to compile a book file using the publisher's sty files
> using PCTex.  I can compile it one time, do the bibtex, makeidx, and
> then when I try to compile again, I get this error
>
> Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item

This sounds to me as an error in the index entries or the
bibliography. Check the corresponding log files for any errors
(<yourTeXfile>.ilg, for the index log file; and <yourTeXfile>.blg, for
the bibliography log file).

Even after the error is fixed, LaTeX will show the error again ---you
have to force LaTeX to end its run twice, even when it complains
again, and then run makeindex and bibtex and then again LaTeX.

I agree with previous posters that you have to provide more information.

Best,

Axel