[texhax] convert beamer's PDF to HTML thumbnails

Muhammad Najmi Ahmad Zabidi najmi.zabidi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 18:54:32 CEST 2009

Hello, I got a solution after tweaking the solution here:
http://www.madcomputerscientist.net/blog/home/2007/08/converting-beamerpdf-presentations-to.html

He was suggesting GS - yes. Except the latter tools which I don't have it on
ubuntu

Tools :
gs - well, we have it most of the time
igal - creating HTML thumbnails/gallery
ImageMagick - I use convert to change the resolution ... I can't set from gs
output 640x480 at first.. rather to tweak it later.

Here goes:

  gs -dNOPAUSE -g1024x768 -r205 -sDEVICE=pngalpha
-sOutputFile=./temp/slide_%d.png -dBATCH beamer-foss-my-09.pdf

 for i in *.png; do convert -resize 640x480 $i new/$i ; done

 cd new/

 ls

 igal2 -r *

Done! - I am so happy...