[texhax] help with identifying some macros

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:42:59 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Barbara Beeton <bnb at ams.org> wrote:

>  \ni,

If there is \ni, there should be also \ot  but there is not!

> which i apologize, but if anyone has
> a compelling argument that will convince
> authors that "clarity is better than
> brevity", i'll be delighted to learn it.
> i also apologize to authors with limited
> manual capability, but there are other
> ways to get around that, like editors
> with abbreviation-expansion features.)

I am a very slow typer (albeit my kids claim that I am incredibly fast
for 1.5 fingers I use) but still thinking what to type takes me much
much longer than to type, and retype and retype again. I presume that
people who want brevity do not think what to type and belong to the
following classes (a) authors with limited manual capacity (b)
secretaries (c) obfuscators (d) bullshitters. :-) I suspect that each
subsequent class is much larger than the previous one

Victor