[texhax] spacing too large with eqlist in moderncv

cdep.illabout at gmail.com cdep.illabout at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 01:42:03 CEST 2009

I'm running into a problem where there is too much space after a
\section{} command if it is followed by a \cvline with an eqlist
environment in the \cvline.  My question is, why does this happen?
Where does extra space come from??

Here is a minimal example:

\documentclass[12pt,letterpaper,draft]{moderncv}

\moderncvtheme[green]{classic}
\AtBeginDocument{\recomputelengths}                     % required
when changes are made
                                                        % to page layout lengths

% personal data
\firstname{Some}
\familyname{Name}
\address{Address}{More Address}
\phone{Phone number}
\email{email address}

\usepackage{eqlist}

\begin{document}
\maketitle

\section{Good amount of space below}
\cventry{year--year}{dedree}{college}{place}{GPA}{description}

\section{Too much space below}
\cvline{}{%
\begin{eqlist*}[\setlength{\itemsep}{0em}%
				\setlength{\topsep}{0em}%
				\setlength{\partopsep}{0em}%
				\setlength{\parskip}{0em}%
				\setlength{\parsep}{0em}%
			   ]%
	\item[item 1] some text somdtext some text some text some text some text some%
	\item[item 2] some more text%
\end{eqlist*}%
}

\section{Good amount of space below}
\begin{eqlist*}[\setlength{\itemsep}{0em}%
				\setlength{\topsep}{0em}%
				\setlength{\partopsep}{0em}%
				\setlength{\parskip}{0em}%
				\setlength{\parsep}{0em}%
			   ]%
	\item[item 1] some text somdtext some text some text some text some text some%
	\item[item 2] some more text%
\end{eqlist*}%

\end{document}

I know an easy way to fix this is just to add a negative \vspace
before the eqlist environment, but I want to know why there is extra
space at all.  I want to know where it comes from.

Thanks!