[texhax] Texlive and fonts

Henrik Frisk frisk.h at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:40:18 CEST 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Axel E. Retif <axel.retif at mac.com> wrote:

> On  30 Aug, 2009, at 02:49, Henrik Frisk wrote:
>
>  [...]
>>
>> http://tug.org/fonts/fontinstall.html
>>
>> OK, I followed thes instructions but I still can't seem to get it to work.
>> As far as I can tell, everything looks good, files are in the right
>> locations and the filename database is updated as it should. But running
>>
>> $ pdftex testfont
>>
>> causes the following error
>>
>> pdfTeX warning: pdftex (file padb8r): Font padb8r at 600 not found
>>
>> whereas
>>
>> $ tex testfont
>>
>> works fine.
>>

> As you are using TeXLive 2007, I think updmap should update (or create)
> psfonts_t1.map in /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ and pdftex_dl14.map
> in /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/, with information of your added
> fonts. Does it?
>
> I'm sorry I can't help you, as I don't use TeXLive 2007.
>
> If anyone can help me out here I would be most greatful. I have tried
everything suggested above. Running updmap runs without complains (and finds
the maps for the two fonts, Frutiger and Garamond that I'm trying to
install), but pdftex will not find them. I have downloaded a fresh copy of
the fonts (which works fine on my other two machines, none of which are
running texlive though) and reinstalled everything but same result.

Any help would be most appreciated.

/h