[texhax] Bold for sf and semi-bold for rm

Christer Thörn christer.thorn at jth.hj.se
Wed Oct 7 13:20:02 CEST 2009

Hi.

I'm using a roman font, where I want the bold weight to use the
semi-bold font. But I want the sans serif bold to use its regular bold!
Is there an easy way?

Currently I use:
\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{mbv} % A Baskerville as rm
\renewcommand{\bfdefault}{sb}  % Use semibold instead of bold
\usepackage{helvet}            % Helvetica as sf

This causes the roman to be semibold and the sans serif be neither bold
nor semi-bold. Is there a "\bfdefault_for_rm_only"?

Regards,
--
Christer Thörn
christer.thorn(a)jth.hj.se