[texhax] Ubuntu editors for TeX

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri May 29 20:42:13 CEST 2009

On  29 May, 2009, at 07:04, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:

> Axel E. Retif:
>
>> Now ---I just checked fontspec.pdf in
>>
>> /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/xelatex/fontspec/fontspec.pdf
>>
>> with Evince, TeXworks' (just compiled from source) built-in PDF
>> viewer and Xpdf. The first two show missing characters (for
>> example, in page 3).
>
> Which ones? I couldn’t spot any obviously missing characters using
> Evince.

For example, p. 3:

                    [...] for installing
fonts (    ,    ,     , ...) and provides

which are, .tfm .vf .map

But, as I said, in a later message, that is with Ubuntu 9.04 and
Document Viewer 2.26.1, using poppler 0.10.5; on the other hand, there
is no problem with Fedora 10 and Document Viewer 2.24.2, using poppler
0.8.7.

Best,

Axel