[texhax] memoir page head confusion

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Wed May 27 01:59:13 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Reinhard Kotucha
<reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
> On 26 May 2009 Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>
>  > You probably need a \leavevmode ...
>
> It's better to use an \mbox here and a LaTeX equivalent for
> \llap{\thepage\hskip 6pt}.  Though it's often more convenient for
> people who are more familiar with plain TeX than with LaTeX to use
> plain TeX macros or primitives directly, it's quite dangerous though.

Do you (or anyone else here) happen to know the LaTeX equivalent then
for the \llap{...} foo above? Or even some memoir specific way to do
what I want (which is to have the page number out in the margin
followed by a title left justified with the textblock.)

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel
http://www.codersatwork.com/