[texhax] toc2tex

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon May 25 17:38:53 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Yannis Haralambous
<yannis.haralambous at telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:
> The *.toc file is generated on each compilation which means that your
> changes will disappear as soon as you compile your TeX document again.

Sure, you are right but what I want is a script, generating from
foo.toc another file foo-toc.tex with the sole purpose to produce the
table of contents (foo-toc.pdf but not foo.pdf)  of foo.tex and which
can be modified. Sure latexing foo,tex would affect foo.toc but it
does not affect already produced foo-toc.tex or foo-toc.pdf which is
needed only seldom (say to be presented to granting agency or
whatever). Script does not seem to be a good option as the changes are
rather unpredictable.