[texhax] adding different amounts of dots for formatting

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Thu May 7 11:13:18 CEST 2009

> Thank you Susan and Philip. \dotfill worked for me.
>
> I didn't try all your ideas but just used like:
>
> \begin{longtable}[b]{ p{2.2in} p{2.2in} p{1.3in} }
> \raggedleft{foo}& bar \dotfill & baz \\ \end{longtable}
>
> Now a new question ... why doesn't the [b] for bottom work
> for me? I have
> long lines that wrap within their table cells so I want the
> next lines to
> match up -- so if they all were forced to the bottom vertical
> alignment
> bottom of the row then it would line up.

That's because, as the longtable manual states: "The [t] [b] [c] argument of
tabular can not be used."  In any case, it's for vertical alignment of the
entire table and not individual cells.

Try this:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{array,longtable}
\begin{document}
\begin{longtable}{>{\raggedleft}b{2.2in}b{2.2in}b{1.3in}}
  foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo
  foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo
  & bar \dotfill & baz \\
\end{longtable}
\end{document}

Cheers,  Phil