[texhax] GFS Porson polytonic keymap?

Plamen Tanovski pgt at arcor.de
Wed May 6 20:42:32 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 08:49:57AM -0400, Peter King wrote:

> gfsporson selected, what do I need to type to get TeX to produce
> appropriate output? For instance, I've discovered that you get rough
> breathing in such an environment by preceding a vowel with "<" (so
> "<o" gives you "ho"). Trial and error has got me 90% of what I need
> to know. At the moment, I'm still stumped about what I need to type
> to get a circumflex... "\^" doesn't work.

The font is in the LGR encoding. The input of greek text is described
here:

ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/tex/language/greek/doc/usage.pdf

Since LGR uses ligatures for the accented characters, there might be
problems with the hyphenation if using plain ascii. I use mostly emacs
with greek babel input translation and LaTeX with the utf8x inputenc.
At least

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[greek]{babel}
\usepackage{gfsporson}