[texhax] Math mode tenrm?

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at email.it
Tue May 5 09:59:21 CEST 2009

> > I looked up the relevant section in the TeXbook, I didn't
> realize that
> > choices for math mode font sizes were so limited; it's
> basically just
> > script and scriptscript, if I understand correctly.

Yes, that is beyond the basic textstyle size.

> You have four choices: displaystyle, textstyle, scriptstyle and
> scriptscriptstyle (D, T, S and SS), as you can see in the
> TeXbook, p.
> 140, and TeX for the Impatient, p. 198.

Careful though, displaystyle and textstyle do not necessarily imply
different sizes, but different spacing. The size difference only occurs in
subformulae, e.g. inside frac{}{}.

You probably don't want to hear this, but it would all be much easier in
LaTeX: instead of fiverm you might use footnotesize or tiny and get exactly
what you want.

Cheers,  Phil
 --
 Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it: http://www.email.it/f

 Sponsor:
 250 Biglietti da Visita gratuiti + 1 elegante Porta biglietti metallico!
Spese di spedizione escluse. Offerta limitata, fai in fretta!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=8957&d=20090505