[texhax] Math mode \tenrm?

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue May 5 03:57:09 CEST 2009

On  4 May, 2009, at 19:51, Patrick M. Rutkowski wrote:

> That works, thanks :-)
>
> I looked up the relevant section in the TeXbook, I didn't realize that
> choices for math mode font sizes were so limited; it's basically just
> \script and \scriptscript, if I understand correctly.

You have four choices: displaystyle, textstyle, scriptstyle and
scriptscriptstyle (D, T, S and SS), as you can see in the TeXbook, p.
140, and TeX for the Impatient, p. 198.

But, yes, for formulas you get dispalystyle and textstyle
automatically when you use $$...$$ and $...$; on the other hand, S and
SS for formulas you have to specify them.

Best,

Axel