[texhax] LaTeX : Section opening recto, verso blank

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon Mar 16 11:39:56 CET 2009

At 11:03 16.03.09, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>I will now look to see if I can get Sections (and Subsections,
>which I had not previously mentioned, but which too are
>of class "top") to open verso when appropriate, whilst
>ensuring that Chapters continue to open recto as before.

Opening verso contradicts the thread identifier and is not supported by
titlesec. You might not use \titlesec{\section} at all and instead use
\def\Section{\clearpage\null\newpage...}. (It may be difficult to fit this
sectioning level into the order that titlesec creates.) BTW the emptypage
package has an option `odd' on which all chapters open verso (never recto).

-- Uwe.